Where is the best place to get 200 grain shockwaves?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lechwe

Reaction score
Just wanted to know where the best place is to get the 200 gn shockwaves? Can I get them in the 30 packs like the 250's or 300's?

Went out and tried them in my knight disc yeaterday becasue so many here had good things to say about them. I had them in front of 2 50 gn T7 pellets. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! had 5 touching. Never had a load shoot like that for me before. Now I need to pick some more up for hunting.

You guys have been a big help with info and advice.

Thanks

D

Grouse is right on the money.. I just bought two more packs at Wal Mart yesterday. $8.89 a pack. They shoot well out of my rifles also..

You can order SST's from MidSouth Shooters with 20 in a box for about $3 less than Wally World sells 15 Shockwaves. :wink:

cayuga said:
Grouse is right on the money.. I just bought two more packs at Wal Mart yesterday. $8.89 a pack. They shoot well out of my rifles also..

:lol: If there are any left. They are on sale here for $7.00

Does anyone have an idea of what the velocity might be comeing out of a 26" barrel with 2 50 gn T7 pellet?

lechwe said:
Does anyone have an idea of what the velocity might be comeing out of a 26" barrel with 2 50 gn T7 pellet?

1785 is shown in the book for (2) 50 grain T-7 pellets and a 250 grain SST. I see no reason why a 26 inch barrel would have any problem getting the full effect out of that powder charge.

This information was taken out of Hodgdon's Basic Muzzleloading Manual for Pyrodex and Triple Se7en...

Thanks guys. I'm about 2 hours from cabelas in Mitchell. I'll stop and pick some up on the way through.

Back