Traditions Pursuit XLT Issues

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psustang89

Reaction score
Was sigting in my Pursuit XLT (fluted, ported, nickel barrel and Traditions 2x7x32 scope) with 100gr Jim Shockey's and a 245gr PB, the same load I used last year. To my surprise I had to significantly move the scope up and left. Then after 9 shots was only inside 5 inches. I became frustrated and went home to clean the gun.

When cleaning, I noticed several spots in the barrel that would not come clean. Further inspection revealed that the spots were actually pitting in the barrel. Not pitting like rust, but areas where the rifeling almost appears to have chipped away from the barrel! :evil: Sent Traditions an email with no response as of yet. The bonus is that the season starts in 4 days...

Anyone else have problems with these Spanish barrels?

Assuming I get a new barrel, what can I expect to get out of this gun? Thinking about doing what I should have done in the first place and buying an Encore.

Thanks

what you are seeing is most likely the nickel chipping away in areas.

I really like to use Flitz polishing compound on all of my rifles. It prevents rust and stains. I had a nickel cva optima and that sucker was a beauty after i flitz it. Check into that stuff for removing/keeping away stains.

I would call em also...

what can I expect to get out of this gun?

My pursuit shoots nice.As does many other members pursuits here on the site.They seem to have decent customer service.I emailed em a few times on different subject,and they always got back to me...eventually.Thats why I think you should call em too.

Latest posts

Back