45 Nitride Shoot - Dinger Farm

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
Got a chance today to make my way to the farm for shooting - it is not raining here today! That is somewhat of a change.

I have had this rifle out a couple of times since I got the rifle, but this trip was to be a final sight in.

I was shooting the Lehigh .458x260CF-HP sabotless. The bore in these new fast twist Knight 45's are tighter than the older Super DISC 45's and the are far better in the concentric department.

This is the bullet from the factory... .458x260

45x260-Lehigh-Sabotless.jpg

45x260-Barbs.jpg

To use these bullets in the new 45 bores - I need to resize the 'drive barbs' to .451. The bullet Ogive measures right at .449

Resized-to-451.jpg

Resized and ready to go!

Ready.jpg

Back to the trip - Todays trip was to verify sight in. So I placed 5 clay birds in the upcoming Lentil at 100 yards. Then load up and start the shooting process - It was a really good day!

5-31-22-Nitride-Shoot.jpg

My SUPER DISC bore is actually tighter than my Mountaineer 45. Lands are pretty much spot on .450 or slightly under. The Mountaineer lands are about .4507 as best as i can measure them. A barrel made with a worn button will be tighter than a barrel made with the same button when its new. My super low serial number Elite 45 however is on the large side. Right around .452

Luckily both are very very uniform the entire length.

My Super DISC was an excellent rifle shooting sabots - lacked a little bit when shooting full bore.

37-Super-DISC.jpg

As explained the top 1/3rd. of the bore was a little bit tighter than the bottom 2/3rds.

Shooting sabots it did really well for me and I am not the best shot in the world

17-02-09-Target.jpg

Even shooting the same .458x260 Lehighs - it shot them really well but I was always somewhat concerned about the bullet coming off the powder while hunting.

458x260CF.jpg

I really do like the two ULite 45's that I now have and getting the two was sort of a fluke, but one I can live with :dance2:

Latest posts

Back