How many muzzleloaders does the average member own?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3- 50 cal. Savage ML-11 , Knight extreme MHC , CVA Hawken

1- 45 cal. Knight extreme

1- 54 cal T/C System 1

Only have 1 and it's a MK-85.

My buddy just bought a new Optima which I really liked and I was thinking of getting one. My MK was a good gun but was not accurate and I hated to retire it so...
Instead, I lapped the bore with JB's Paste and kept working with different powders, bullets, sabots and primers until I found the perfect combination. Now I am very happy with it's performance and accuracy.

The Optima fever passed and I'm feeling pretty good.

1-10ML-II in Stainless/Laminated LOOOOOOOOOOVE did I mention I absolutely LOOOOOOOOVE this ML!!!!

1-Encore 209x50 resqued from the back of my safe and permanent retirement by BH209.

1-Brand new never fired blued T/C Scout Carbine with round to octagon barrel. Often thought of selling this ML, but do not know what it is worth.

3 (Black Diamond XR, Std Black Diamond, and an old CVA traditional) for now. I'm debating on trying to find a White, but that would have to be a secret.... My wife got a little testy when I bought a Winchester 70 Featherweight in 7mm-08 a month ago.

She knows it's my hobby, but she keeps telling me "HOW MANY GUNS DOES ONE MAN NEED???!!!!". Needless to say, she about crapped several years ago when we moved. I was pulling guns out of the closet, under the bed, from the basement, and from the safe (only had an 8 gun safe at the time).

One - A T/C Omega X7. Likely all I need. But it's only my first year.

If I am lucky this season, I might pick up a side lock, purely on the off chance that I need an extra for a guest next year. Also, I 'll be needing one for my son. Sure, he's not even two yet, but no harm in looking early.

Latest posts

Back