Rangfinders ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
What are you using ???

I never though i would need one , but this year every deer i saw was 100 -300 yards away . Sure would be nice to know for sure . Any good ones for under 200 .

Thanks -
RobK .

I use a Bushnell YardagePro Sport 450. Paid 199.99 for it last year and Im very pleased with it. Its more than accurate enough for any distances youll encounter in Muzzleloader or bow hunting. A friend of mine said he saw some at WalMart on sale for $150.

Flatlander.54 said:
I use a Bushnell YardagePro Sport 450. Paid 199.99 for it last year and Im very pleased with it. Its more than accurate enough for any distances youll encounter in Muzzleloader or bow hunting. A friend of mine said he saw some at WalMart on sale for $150.

I saw one at WM the other days , was not sure if they were any good .

Thanks !!

Rangefinders

Walmart was closing out the Nikon 440s for $125; I grabbed one and it works great.

Bushnell Yardage Pro 450 x 3. I believe I got mine on sale from Dicks a couple years ago for $150. I think you may be able to find them regular priced for that much now.

UtahRob

I have had 3 different range finders and I think I finally found the one that I like and one that I can kinda justify in my budget....

I use the regular black one - not the camo - did not want to pay the Xtra $20 at the time I bought mine....

http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?cont ... le=Leupold RX-II 750 Yards Digital Laser Rangefinder Match 13 Reticle Mossy Oak Treestand

FEATURES:

?Multiple Environmental Settings
?Leupold's exclusive Quick Set Rotary Menu is intuitive and easy to use, giving you fast access to all the incredible performance modes of your new RX rangefinder.
?Long Range Mode, Rain Mode, 1st Target Mode, and Last Target Mode
?Measurements in feet, yards, or meters
?Line of Sight Distance
?One-handed controls
?Clicking fast-focus eyepiece
?Celsius/Fahrenheit temperature readings
?Incredibly accurate ranging
?Battery power indicator
?Rugged, weatherproof, lightweight, & compact design
?Clear Field Function: allows you to turn off all icons for modes, units, etc., without deactivating the modes.
SPECIFIATIONS:

?Range of Magnification: 6x
?Linear Field of View (ft/1000 yd): 325
?Weight: 6.8 oz / 193 g
?Length: 4.0 in / 102 mm
?Obj. Aperture (mm): 23
?Exit Pupil (mm): 3.8
?Eye Relief (mm): 21.0
?Close Focus Distance: 18.0 ft / 6.0 mm
?Maximum Range: 750 yd / 685.8 m
?Minimum Range: 3 yd / 2.7 m
?Battery Type and Number: CR2 Lithium
?Finish: Mossy Oak Tresstand

I've also been thinking about getting a rangefinder. Whew, there are so many out there and it's hard to sort through all the reviews. Lot's of guys try to sell you on a $2000 model even though you don't want to spend a lot.

How far will the 450 accurately range an animal? Is it durable and water resistant?

I have a Nikon Prostaff 550 and love it. It is within 1 yard accurcy.

Picked up a Bushnell Scout 1000 for 2 beans on sale last yr. Orig. 250. No quims yet.

houser52 said:
I've also been thinking about getting a rangefinder. Whew, there are so many out there and it's hard to sort through all the reviews. Lot's of guys try to sell you on a $2000 model even though you don't want to spend a lot.

How far will the 450 accurately range an animal? Is it durable and water resistant?

Range: 5-999yds
Magnification: 4x
Weight: 7.4oz
Battery Type: 9 volt
Targeting Modes: Rain, Reflector
Ranging performance:
Reflective: 999yds
Tree: 450yds
Deer: 200yds
Flag: 200yds
Accuracy: +/- 1 yard

Hope this helps.

If it's within your budget I suggest that you get one that is waterproof. I own a Bushnell and on a hunt one day last year it rained on me and the unit fogged up. I'm getting the Leupold RX 750 TBR.

Rangefinder

Natchez has the Bushnell Yardage Pro Legend 200003W on clearance for I believe $199. This model is being discontinued for the new ones, it was about $350 a few months back. I picked one up a few weeks back. Max Range 930yds, deer sized game to 450yds is the rating. I've only dug it out once at the house so i don't know how far it will actually range a deer, but the specs seem good. I ranged a barn down the road at 872yds. It also has a pretty clear picture compared to my buddys leopuld.

I have a Nikon Monarch 800 and it works great. I've ranged deer to about 500 yds but thats also as far away as I've seen any. I recommend checking ebay. I got mine for $210 brand new on ebay and they go for about $350 at cabelas.

sabotloader said:
UtahRob

I have had 3 different range finders and I think I finally found the one that I like and one that I can kinda justify in my budget....

I use the regular black one - not the camo - did not want to pay the Xtra $20 at the time I bought mine....

http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?cont ... le=Leupold RX-II 750 Yards Digital Laser Rangefinder Match 13 Reticle Mossy Oak Treestand

deactivating the modes.
SPECIFIATIONS:

If i bought a camo one, i know i would drop it and NEVER find it !!! :oops:

The thing to remember is that the yardages that they list on these are from a hard reflective surface. Most will only range a animal to about 75% of the stated yardage.

DC

UtahRob

That is why it is hard for me to hunt with White U-Mag - I know if i were to set it down the camo stock would make it so i I could not never find it...

See here i laid it down on the deer so I would be able to find it...

Deer2.jpg

Hi, I am new here . I am thinking about a new inline and this seems like a great site. I have Leica 900 and love it. It?s not needed for most deer hunting situations but I also use it for groundhogs here in Pa. What is nice is you can pick a bare spot in field 400 yards plus and get a accurate reading. My other range finders needed a solid object to get a reading that far out.

Scott

Latest posts

Back