BH209 weight chart?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Anyone have a weight chart for bh209? mine should be in soon and i want to get the numbers down so i can start weighing powder charges.

I've seen weights that vary slightly - some say 66.8 grains, some are a hair more, some a hair less. I verified my scale with my brother-in-law's RCBS digital scale and 100 grains of BH209 is exactly 66.0 grains on mine, 110 is 72.6, and 120 is 79.2 - go figure.

BH209

100 grains of BH209 is exactly 66.0 grains on mine, 110 is 72.6, and 120 is 79.2 -
That is right about inline w/ my weighing for a while. It didn't lake that much difference to my shooting

I had just saw that last night also and printed it out for future reference.

Sorry, I should have said I'm pretty sure, it was late, I saw that link on the same thread in my searches last night and will also use it for future reference. I just didn't print it out due to being a sticky I know where it's at. :D I just couldn't find BH 209 anywhere in town today. So I'll have to order it online. Thanks for all the info available on this site for someone just starting out. It has been very helpfull. :D :D :!:

Tankhead

No need to be sorry about anything - just wanted you all to know that Chuck had put up the information along time ago.... and I do have a lot of faith in his information. Can not event tell you how much recorded information that man has from his range shooting events...

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/
Check this out before you order I have not found a better price or service any where.
The base price is 24 dollars and if you buy a case it brings the shipping and hazmat down to where it is reasonable.
I called Accurate when BH came out and the said the by the original standard for volume of black powder that .7 would be the figure to use; In other words if I had a accurate volume measure and measured 100gr volume of BH it should weight 70 gr. I have noticed that from one to an other there is quite a difference in volume measures some times even in the same brand. so far the U-view has been the one closest to what it should be for me.

Yep the 0.7 multiplier is a real easy one to use. With my U-View volume measure I get a 0.69 multiplier, but the 0.7 just makes it much easier all around.

By using that 100 gr Volume x 0.7 = 70 gr Weight.

Then for every 10 gr Volume charge above 100 gr Volume you just add 7 gr Weight. For every 10 gr Volume charge below 100 gr Volume you just subtract 7 gr Weight. For 5 gr Volume charge intervals you would have 3.5 gr Weight intervals.

70 gr V = 49 gr W
75 gr V = 52.5 gr W
80 gr V = 56 gr W
85 gr v = 59.5 gr W
90 gr V = 63 gr W
95 gr V = 66.5 gr W
100 gr V = 70 gr W
105 gr V = 73.5 gr W
110 gr V = 77 gr W
115 gr V = 80.5 gr W
120 gr V = 84 gr W

If you want to get right down to the 1 gr or fraction of a grain conversion just use the 0.7 multiplier.

Example: 86.5 gr Volume x 0.7 = 60.55 gr Weight

Back