My 700ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
Last year I bought a really clean Remington 700ML Stainless/Black Tupperware for $225.00. I put a 2-7X32 Nikon Prostaff that I had in the closet on it. I have to say that is about the easiest to load & shoot inline I've ever owned. It shoots whatever I feed it into small groups, goes off everytime, and is a real joy to own & operate. I consider it to be one of the best hunting investments I've ever made. I wish it had a walnut stock.

100_0455.jpg

Really nice looking gun, and a good price. How do you modify those 700s, you cant buy them as a muzzle loader can you?

Swamp, any 700 SA stock will work, (you'll need the bottom metal for a BDL thou) just need to open the barrel channel up and cut a ramrod slot.

I just redid my 54cal in a Boyds laminate last winter, and will do one of my 50cals this winter.

funman said:
Really nice looking gun, and a good price. How do you modify those 700s, you cant buy them as a muzzle loader can you?

They don't make them any more. They do turn up on Gunbroker.

Swampman said:
I wish it had a walnut stock.

I got a laminate one from Richard's Microfit Stocks. You can get plain walnut as well. The don't come finished but it's a lot of fun working on it.

IMG_7835.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg

tnhagies said:
Swampman said:
I wish it had a walnut stock.

I got a laminate one from Richard's Microfit Stocks. You can get plain walnut as well. The don't come finished but it's a lot of fun working on it.

IMG_7835.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg

That is beautiful! Very nice work.

i had a rem ml. like you swampman ,it was a very good shooter .but with the tupperware stock it is realy barrel heavy and out of ballance ..a wooden stock would realy help to balance it out and at the same time add some charm ...mine also CHEWED up the bottom of the scope ..

also try and reduce ur pictures to 640 px with like tnhagies did before posting

Here's a fun load that I want to work down a little for small game. This is at 25 yards with a .490 ball, pillow ticking patch, that I soaked in my mouth before loading. I used 80 grains of Pyrodex RS & a CCI #11 cap. 3 shot group. Both of these go down the barrel real easy. I patched with Windex between shots.

100_0600.jpg

Here's a 3 shot 50 yard group using T/C Cheap Shots over 80 grains of Pyrodex RS & a CCI #11 cap.

100_0598.jpg

Hey Swamp!!! what is the ser. # 0n your gun....
I want one as close to that run as I can get.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back