sabots 1-28 twist

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gateway

Reaction score
looking fore info on a side lock with a 1-28 twist.. t.c made the black mountain with a 1-28 twist.. what is the twist in the fire storm?? t.c made that to shot 209 primers?? what about traditions, cva ?? like to try and get a side lock before muzzle loader season?? looking to mount a scope on it!! the firestorm is a flintlock.. 1-48 twist been looking on gunbroker and action arms, guns america :shock: :shock: any idea's thanks WORM

One other option is RMC Sports .. they sell a rifle with a 1-28 twist in cap lock and flintlock. I have a Black Mountain Magnum and it shoots beautiful with that 1-28 twist. There are not a lot of real fast twist rifles out there. Lyman makes a 1-32 twist that will shoot sabots and conicals.

I had one of TC's 209 Firestorm rifles. I also wanted a 1:28 twist sidelock and thought the 209 would be just the ticket. It wasn't. Could hardly get it to fire even with black powder. TC did allow me to return it and replaced it with a Black Mountain. I have since sold that one but still had the itch to shoot big boolits in a sidelock so I bought a TC Renegade stock and put a Green Mountain 1:28 SS barrel on it. Never did get to shoot that one yet as I fell into a custom underhammer that will be taking up my time. The bottom line is that I do have the Renegade available to sell. The price is $275.00 plus $15.00 shipping. Thanks
renegade1.jpg

I have a TC Black Mountain for sale in the classifieds with a scope mount. :wink: It is in very good condition, with just a little discoloration on the blueing where the scope mount sits on the to of the barrel. Let me know if you are interested.

vabowhntr you have a P.M thanks WORM :lol: can you send me a few pic???

I bought a great plains hunter with a 1-32 twist it shoots a hornady 300gr sabot very well.I really like it ,kind of heavy but I like a heavy gun myself and barrel is 32 inches long.

Back