Shipping guns

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tndeer

Reaction score
How do you ship a ML back to the factory? I'm trying to send my Triumph back to T/C. FedEx won't touch it. UPS will ship if I bring it to a Hub Center and then pay $ 77 for next day air. They won't ship by ground on returns. I'm going to try a FFL dealer that I know to see if they can get a better deal. Is this norm ? It's bad enough I got a gun that I can't get sighted in and now I'm going to have to float a loan to return it. That ole dog just don't hunt for me!!!!!

tndeer said:
How do you ship a ML back to the factory? I'm trying to send my Triumph back to T/C. FedEx won't touch it. UPS will ship if I bring it to a Hub Center and then pay $ 77 for next day air. They won't ship by ground on returns. I'm going to try a FFL dealer that I know to see if they can get a better deal. Is this norm ? It's bad enough I got a gun that I can't get sighted in and now I'm going to have to float a loan to return it. That ole dog just don't hunt for me!!!!!

Call T/C and have them send a "CALL TAG", after all it is THEIR problem. With a call tag, it will be on their dime. Good luck!

Where did you buy it? They should be able to help you out too.

while i've heard of folks having problems shipping with UPS i've never had a problem.I have also sent one of the early first year triumph's back to T/C for problems due to my own misuse/fault and they shipped me a brand new one!I'll be a T/C fan for life,I must be,i've bought 3 more since then....karl

:D

I just sent my CVA back to them 2.5 weeks ago via UPS and didn't have any problems. CVA sent me a prepaid UPS label and all I had to do is wrap it up and drop off the box at the Ups store. No questions asked. I mailed it on a Thrus and CVA received my Accura on Monday.
Good luck and I hope all goes well for you :!: :!: :!:

I just use regular postal service too with insurance, alot cheaper than UPS.

My local gunsmith is going to ship it for me by mail. Thanks for all the replies. I hope T/C can figure out my problem.

I couldn't get the scope bore sighted. I changed mounts and even used a different scope. It took almost all the adjustments to bring POA to POI. The first scope was a Leupold VX-II that I took off my LRH. Then I tried a Simmons scope. Same problem, not enough adjustments. I shot the gun with just iron sights at 25 yds. Though my eyes are not what they use to be, I had to adjust the sight to the extreme left and bring the elevation very low to hit the target. I was totally baffled. I've mounted many of scopes and never had this problem. This is only my third T/C, counting a 54 Renegade I had years ago. My buddy has the regular Triumph that shoots like a house on fire. Just my luck I guess. Just like last year when I had a hangfire with my Elite and BH209, trying to kill a big Illinois buck. I like how the Triumph handles and cleans up, but need to be able to sight in. also, it was very hard to load the T/C and Hornady problems shooting the Bh209. I didn't have this problem with the Knights, but I know T/C has a rep for tight bores. My gunsmith just called and said no problem with USPS. Hey, maybe those guys are not so bad after all. LOL Hoping T/C can either fix the problem or give me a new gun. This is the first gun I ever returned in 35 years of shooting. Maybe that luck just ran out too!

tndeer said:
I couldn't get the scope bore sighted. I changed mounts and even used a different scope. It took almost all the adjustments to bring POA to POI. The first scope was a Leupold VX-II that I took off my LRH. Then I tried a Simmons scope. Same problem, not enough adjustments. I shot the gun with just iron sights at 25 yds. Though my eyes are not what they use to be, I had to adjust the sight to the extreme left and bring the elevation very low to hit the target. I was totally baffled. I've mounted many of scopes and never had this problem. This is only my third T/C, counting a 54 Renegade I had years ago. My buddy has the regular Triumph that shoots like a house on fire. Just my luck I guess. Just like last year when I had a hangfire with my Elite and BH209, trying to kill a big Illinois buck. I like how the Triumph handles and cleans up, but need to be able to sight in. also, it was very hard to load the T/C and Hornady problems shooting the Bh209. I didn't have this problem with the Knights, but I know T/C has a rep for tight bores. My gunsmith just called and said no problem with USPS. Hey, maybe those guys are not so bad after all. LOL Hoping T/C can either fix the problem or give me a new gun. This is the first gun I ever returned in 35 years of shooting. Maybe that luck just ran out too!

tndeer,

I would just request a new rifle! If you had to adjust the sights and scope to the extremes, it tells me the barrel is not straight. If the sights were centered, then it could be the D&T holes for the scope mounts. It is obviously the barrel itself, since it is both, and for that kind of money, you deserve better. T/C should take care of it, just let them know you paid for the best, and that is what you expect. Hope you get taken care of soon. I would still request that T/C pay for your shipping.

Latest posts

Back