What is a "good price" on a used T/C Hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harry

Reaction score
I want to get a used T/C Hawken, in good shape and wonder what others might consider a "don't pass up this one" price.

I know what I would like to pay. :D
But I don't know if that is reasonable and I haven't a clue to real prices.

Thanks.

normally you'll see them selling for around $250-275

Doh! I forgot, theres a guy looking to trade a hawken for a renegade, Maybe he'll take a cash offer, I'll PM you his email address.

A lot depends on the condition of the rifle. I have seen people sell them for $200-$350 a lot of it depends on how bad you want one. If you see one for $200 grab it. You can always get your money back out of it. But remember, they sell new for over $500.

THh 54 caliber with the one inch barrel channel seem to go for more than the 50 caliber with the 15/16ths barrel channel. I used to see them all the time at gun shows. Now they are getting scarce. Anything under $200 for a good one is a fair price. Especially for the 54s.

Thanks for the info.
There seems to be enough room in the safe that maybe I can squeeze just one more in. I just hate wasting space! You know what I mean?

I'd say it all depends on the condition of the rifle. A nice rifle for under $250 is a good deal. If it is in really great condition and you really want it up to $350 is ok. TC Hawken rifles are now selling new for over $600, so you can use that as a guide. You also have to remember all new TC rifles have the QLA on the barrel and I wouldn't want one of them. New rifles are not offered in 45 or 54 caliber anymore.

Latest posts

Back