22 Pound NESLEN Gobbler...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty1

Reaction score
From Forum Member JOHN NESLEN:
3NWrQCn.jpg

My wife called these in from the creek bottom and across 200 yards of alfalfa field. She took a picture as they were coming in and when the gobbler was at 27 yards she sent 1 5/8 oz of #4 lead to down him. It was all smiles when she returned to the house and got me to go back on ATV's, get bird and take pictures. The bird had 1 1/4" spurs and weighed 22 pounds.

EZNUgRB.jpg

FD1fojT.jpg

Where are You folks again? Nice longboard ! Congratulations. It looks like an eastern. We open Wednesday in CT and Thursday In RI. Good job. Hop I see one on Wednesday.

bobbythe hunter............ we are so far back in the Idaho boonies we are almost out the other side. :)

The local turkeys are known as Idaho specials, a hybrid of Rio, Merriam and Eastern is what I am told by the local F&G biologist.

Duh me, I forgot to mention Mr Tom had a 10 1/2" beard.

Last edited:
Great hunt congratulations our season in New York opens Friday. I have seen tons of turkey while deer hunting and lots of deer well turkey hunting but that’s not a very good hunt if you want to bring home something for the freezer lol.

Latest posts

Back