209 Primer tool

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Longbow

Reaction score
What primer tool (carrier, capper) have you found that works well with 209 primers. Thank You

Federal Fusion used to include a little rubber 9 primer carrier about 1" square. It was bright orange. They are real handy.

Eh I have found 2 that are awesome for my 209 inlines I`ll take a beating again. However fingers i& needle nose pliers. I have had a drawer full of "Priming Tools" that just did not work out either gave way or tossed in garbage. Example the plastic loading tool mentioned (CVA) to cold temps they break, to warm/hot they bend. Not so much on CVA or tool it is the non marring materials made from. On to cold days where fingers are being controversial, use the pliers to start also. Small Needle Nose grab the rim just nice. To each his/her own.

That being said Capper/Extractor Tool for 209 Primers – CVA IS NOT WHAT they used to be dang it Man NOW I have to give it a try. ONES I have had and SPOKE OF were made from Orange Plastic would either drop primer or ears would bend on removal ERRRRR I hate it when it gets a facelift, After 3-4 problematic runs I quit looking. I might have to eat my words..

Last edited:
Why not just make a capper from some thick leather like the ones used for #11 caps?
209 is a shot gun shell primer and seats in further than a cap, the leather although awesome for caps would be too soft for the primers.

Back