Encore Dryfiring

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flati

Reaction score
Ok, I must be really bored. I just received a new rifle rest and was wondering how I can dryfire my Encore 209x50 without damage to the gun/firing pin. I was thinking of placing something soft in the primer pocket of the breach plug (pencil eraser) or even behind the hammer, give me some suggestions so I can work on my aim/trigger pull without actually shooting from inside of my house. :wink:

flati

I cut a small strip of leather that fits in between the hammer and the block.

When I pull the trigger the hammer hits the leather instead of the firing pin in the face of the block.

i don't know why you would want to DRY FIRE your ML ?????? if you want to dry fire why not use a 209 primer they cost next to nothing and you will not break the LITTLE spring behind the fire pin on the ENCORE ..

Be careful, you can ruin the spring that retracts the firing pin, it warns about this in the manual.
If you must dry fire block the hammer from hitting the firing pin unless the firing pin has something under it to keep it from going to far and over compressing the spring.

black powder said:
i don't know why you would want to DRY FIRE your ML ?????? if you want to dry fire why not use a 209 primer they cost next to nothing and you will not break the LITTLE spring behind the fire pin on the ENCORE ..

(Again as mentioned above) "so I can work on my aim/trigger pull without actually shooting from inside of my house".

My wife and children always freak out when I shoot 209's in our livingroom.

my bad ...i thought u were dry firing outside ...yes i have a feeling my wife also would show me the door if i fired a 209 in the house..

Now if we were single, shooting indoors would be acceptable in my book. :D

Back