Blackhorn 209 in Knight Disc extreme

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rat trapper

Reaction score
How does Blackhorn 209 perform in a Knight disc extreme with the red plastic prime holder? I use winchester 209 primers for most of my shotgun reloading, will they work ok with Blackhorn 209?

dalberg said:
I had to switch to federal 209

+1 Make sure that you use a tight fitting bullet/sabot combination and use the concave breechplug not the convex "domed" one.

rat trapper said:
Can you post a picture of the proper breech plug?

rat trapper,

The plug on the right is the FPJ "Concave" plug, the plug on the left in the Non-FPJ "Domed" conversion breech plug. They also made a Revolution plug that would fit the Disc Rifle, it is kind of a hybred of the two. It has a Red FPJ nipple, but has the domed end like the Non-FPJ breech plug and only has a .027" flash hole. The latter is the one not to use, and is not pictured. The two pictured have worked very well for me.

022-2.jpg

016-1.jpg

014-3.jpg

The part #s are 900024 for the FPJ (right) and 900044 for the NFPJ (left). Both of these breechplugs have also worked well for me when using BH 209. The NFPJ keeps the receiver area much cleaner than the FPJ.

I am currently shooting the domed (convex) NFPJ breech plug with Remington STS primers and BH 209. Has worked well for me. This is the only domed plug that I know of that will work with BH 209.

That is in my long range hunter (basically an exteme as far as the bolt goes)

The rifle came with both breech plugs and the non plastic set up has worked well and is easier.

I just checked the part #'s on the breech plugs I have in stock. Found I have couple #900024,one #900044 and #900042. The #900042 is the power stem. Can the power stem be also used with Blackhorn 209?
Thanks for the pictures as they and the part numbers helped me figure out what you guys were talking about.

Back