Break Open?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter8282

Reaction score
I am maybe leaning towards the Omega #8926 (SS/Grey Lam) but have a little hesitation, because it isn't a "break open" action.

If I just over thinking it? Is the break action Triumph that' much of an upgrade that the Omega's are considered old technology?

if i was to buy another ML i would get the TRIUMPH it has to be the best thing out there right now ..[nothing wrong with the OMEGA ] T/C works hard to stay ahead of the pack ..oh yes i have a T/C and thats all i need.

black powder said:
if i was to buy another ML i would get the TRIUMPH it has to be the best thing out there right now ..[nothing wrong with the OMEGA ] T/C works hard to stay ahead of the pack ..oh yes i have a T/C and thats all i need.

Yeah... I think I am stuck btw the Omega and Triumph right now. Thing is if I get a triumph, I think I want the bone collector one :D I wish I could find one locally to check out.

But then again I was kinda of leaning stainless steel, but the Triumph doesn't even come in SS as far as I can tell.

go with a break open. I thought the drop block action on the omega style rifles would be easy to clean, truth is, the block holds a lot of crap thats hard to get clean. Not to mention that every time you clean the rifle, the trigger guts are all the way and doesnt allow for soaking of the breech end of the barrel.

If SS isnt available, nothing wrong with the blued barrel. You know as well as i do that SS is mainly for that sweet tooth/eye candy :wink:

frontier gander said:
If SS isnt available, nothing wrong with the blued barrel. You know as well as i do that SS is mainly for that sweet tooth/eye candy :wink:

Yeah I know... :oops: :twisted:

Back