Downrange question...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engdahl

Reaction score
In SD we can only use open sights. My Triumph is sighted in, 2" high at 50 yds using 150 gr of 777 pellets and 250 gr shockwave bullet. The other day I shot a few rounds at 100 and didn't even hit the paper. Is it dropping that much or still on the way up? there was no one with me to watch and the boards were shot up I couldnt tell what was mine...

I plan on going back with some bigger paper and re-sight....

So if Im following correctly, If the gun is dead on at 50, it would be around 2" or so high at 100?

Possibly. You'll never know for certain until you get fresh paper up and give it a try. Take some freezer wrap paper ( white) and stretch it across your target board and either tape or staple it up so you can see where you are at. But you certainly are shooting high @ 100 yrds with a 2" high 50yrd sight in.

No matter what i did i could not keep my triumph on paper at 100 with 150-777 and 250 s/w i had to drop down to 100 777 that did it

smitty said:
No matter what i did i could not keep my triumph on paper at 100 with 150-777 and 250 s/w i had to drop down to 100 777 that did it

That was my first thought, but I had never shot the Tri.

I'd wager you're shooting high- try adjusting the sight down so you are 1" low at 50 yards. If that doesn't work, try using 2 pellets instead of 3 and see if that makes a difference.

With iron sights sighted in to "0" at 100 yds you would be .8 high at 50 and 4 inches low at 150. Lee

Latest posts

Back