barrel wedge pin

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stude283

Reaction score
I was just wondering what fit most people feel is right for a wedge pin.Of the 30 or so guns I've had some just pushed in by hand,but held tight.Others had to be driven in with various amounts of force right on down to the tc wm i have now which pushes in,but can be pushed out from other side by carrying.What does everyone else prefer?How far out the other side should it project?

I like them tight enough that I can not bump them and make them move. I remember hunting with a fellow a few years back, he came to the house with his muzzleloader and had no wedge pin. He had bumped it out in the woods and never knew he did that.

I don't want to have to drive them in with a hammer because that puts too much stress on the wood stocks. I guess a good hard push with my thumb is what I like.

stude283

I go along with Semi on this one... I really like a snug steady push of the wedge through the under lug....

Most folks, I think, bend their pin a bit to get this fitting but probably the advised method is really somewhat better. This is what I normally do... it is pretty darn easy and it is just as easy to open the wedge a bit by reversing the process.

WedgePinInstall.jpg

Latest posts

Back