45 Colt 250gr

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OptimaAndy

Reaction score
.452 gold dot hollow points.
found them at the local shop for 18.99 for 50. Thought i would give these a shot due to sabotloaders suggestion.
Does anyone use these regularly outta your gun and what sabot do you use?

The sabot will vary even in the same brand some times. I do use them quite a bit and I use a Crush rib black in the Triumph and a MMP HPH 24 in the Omega. they should work with the same sabot that you use for any other .452 bullet. Lee

Andy

You need to push them a bit to get the best accuracy, but they are an awesome bullet on whitetail... easily shot to 175 yards....

If you want 200 go to the 300 grain Gold Dot for the 454 Casual

yah, they had those 300s too.
Is that a good price?

I just ordered some crush rib, 100 of the .45 and 50 of the .44 so that i can try my 44.240 hornadys in a different sabot. The hornady from what i read shoots well for alot of people.

sabotloader said:
Andy

You need to push them a bit to get the best accuracy, but they are an awesome bullet on whitetail... easily shot to 175 yards....

If you want 200 go to the 300 grain Gold Dot for the 454 Casual

how many grains of powder where you thinking? 100, 110?

sabots very gun to gun not just brands of guns.my old triumph loved harvester short blacks,the new triumph prefers the crush rib.the fun for me is finding the right one. karl

k said:
sabots very gun to gun not just brands of guns.my old triumph loved harvester short blacks,the new triumph prefers the crush rib.the fun for me is finding the right one. karl

one thing i have noticed about his sport that it has in common with archery is that it can get rather expensive. :lol: :lol:

Andy

100 should work just fine but I do shoot them with 110 grain T7-2f in an HPH-24 sabot from most of my rifles....

The HPH24 is that because that is what the bullet fits best of thats what your rifle like best?

frontier gander said:
get some 12's too.

you guys must not have kids or a wife!!!
I only got just so much money to buy stuff and that much i have to hide from the Misses. :lol: :lol:

Back