My 1st ML & feel I might get the shaft on GunBroker

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tankhead

Reaction score
I stupidly paid for this on GunBroker http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =157031856
and all I've been getting from the seller is deceit. I'm afraid I might get shafted. I read the policy on fraud. Is this my only recourse? Somebody at work said he was selling out a paper sack. Selling when he never really had it I guess. I don't know but the only verbal communication was a bogus tracking #. He says he sent it USPS. Please, I know that the tracking is not updated til its delivered but always gets put in the computer as "Accepted" when you leave the counter. I'm not leaving it to chance on a miscommunication problem. If he put it in the mail the previous day I would have been able to verify that. I guess he wasn't expecting me to be sitting on my computer when I had to call him for a tracking #. Here is my part that he received his payment within 5 days of me commiting.

Label/Receipt Number: 0309 1830 0002 4264 1458
Class: Priority Mail?
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation?

Your item was delivered at 8:47 AM on February 13, 2010 in BOGARD, MO 64622.

Detailed Results:

Delivered, February 13, 2010, 8:47 am, BOGARD, MO 64622
Sorting Complete, February 13, 2010, 8:20 am, BOGARD, MO 64622
Arrival at Post Office, February 13, 2010, 7:34 am, BOGARD, MO 64622
Acceptance, February 09, 2010, 3:35 pm, ROSWELL, NM 88201

It looks like I only have 60 days to make a claim on GunBroker for fraud. And the maximum is $400. I should have contacted my other supplier for handguns, OnlineGunDeals, and asked if he could get me a ML. And granted it's only been a week since he received my money, the untruthfulness so far makes me looking for some help! I have been nothing but sincere and respectfull w/ the seller in my communication. I just don't get why all the deceit! Living in Roswell makes getting anything local nonexistant til summer. This sucks! I appreciate any help.

Tankhead

it looks like he has a pretty decent rating for selling...

It would be my suggestion that you email your concerns directly to GunBroker.... they are actually pretty tough on this type dealing. They will contact the seller directly....

Go to the home page and then to the bottom of the page - look for 'contact us' see if that gets you anywhere...

Since you live in Roswell - I hope it does not get delieved to - well you know where - cause then the Government could not talk about it...

Try the contact...

Tankhead,

I wanted to buy this gun as well before I got my Accura. He also listed the gun forsale on another gun auction site. I tried to contact him about it 4 total times through one site or another and never got any sort of reply back, so I said to hell with him. Sorry it's been a hassel for you, but I guess I'm fortunate that I never did hear back.

HunterB4 said:
Tankhead,

I wanted to buy this gun as well before I got my Accura. He also listed the gun forsale on another gun auction site. I tried to contact him about it 4 total times through one site or another and never got any sort of reply back, so I said to hell with him. Sorry it's been a hassel for you, but I guess I'm fortunate that I never did hear back.

Ya, when I first was doing searches on my MSN homepage on "Muzzleloaders for Sale" a GunsAmerica link came up with him selling this on that site too. I e-mailed him on GunsAmerica for additional pics since there was only one. And he never responded either. But he had a handfull of pics on GunBroker when I did some searches on that site so I stupidly bit on it. I'm so distrusting of what I might get, if I do. Me and my family would hate to have this blow up in my face, LITERALLY. :cry:

7 day auction? Start and finish time was only a little over one day!!I stay away from short sales. :evil:

bernieg said:
7 day auction? Start and finish time was only a little over one day!!I stay away from short sales. :evil:

I believe that was because I purchased it a little over one day after the auction started. But I will definately keep that in mind for the future. Well, here it is. It just arrived 10 minutes ago. I want to thank everyone for thier input in getting me started muzzleloading! :D :D :D

I don't know why the lack of communication, nor do I care. I just wanted what I now have. See he gets an A+ on feedback.

Tankhead

I am glad you got it... and gee whiz that is an excellent looking weapon... congrats!

Gunbroker is really pretty tough on culls - so I was pretty sure you were going to be OK... but it is really tough when you send a chunk of change to an unknown person at an unknown address.... and then you have to wait....

At least it did not end up in the 'AREA'

Go shoot it...

I'am glad you got it!! I'am waiting on one myself,50 cal pistol from south carolina. :applause:

sabotloader said:
Tankhead

I am glad you got it... and gee whiz that is an excellent looking weapon... congrats!

Gunbroker is really pretty tough on culls - so I was pretty sure you were going to be OK... but it is really tough when you send a chunk of change to an unknown person at an unknown address.... and then you have to wait....

At least it did not end up in the 'AREA'

Go shoot it...

Thanks for your support. You definately know what the feeling is like. Being my first purchase on a site like that with this aount of money on the line, it was killing me. Thats good to know about GB being tough. Thanks again. :D

GM54-120 said:
Yes in deed, that is a awesome looking gun!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks for sticking w/ me on my "First Thread"! It really made me think about what I really wanted for my first ML. Always the best to you and yours!

That is one pretty gun... I really like the looks of that. I think that rifle will make you real happy...

Tankhead said:
GM54-120 said:
Yes in deed, that is a awesome looking gun!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks for sticking w/ me on my "First Thread"! It really made me think about what I really wanted for my first ML. Always the best to you and yours!

No Problem.

You needed to make the right choice for YOU. ;)

And there is nothing wrong with that Omega...It is Suuuuweeeet!!

I would get a cheap synthetic stock for a beater/bad weather though. :D

cayuga said:
That is one pretty gun... I really like the looks of that. I think that rifle will make you real happy...

I think you would know better than I would. Thanks! I read a lot of good things about em. I could have paid a lot less. The CVA Accura's are going for about $349 on Cabela's, but I enjoy a good lookin gun about as much as an accurate one. Not that the CVA's are any less good lookin. You know what I mean. :) I just like wood stocks!

Here's mine.
You won't be disappointed it's a great shooter.
I use BH209 with Winchester W209 primers and Hornaday 250 gr. SST sabots. I easily hold 1? groups at 100 yards.
I have also harvested many Ohio whitetails with mine.
Good luck and good shooting!

1629omega.jpg

BigV said:
Here's mine.
You won't be disappointed it's a great shooter.
I use BH209 with Winchester W209 primers and Hornaday 250 gr. SST sabots. I easily hold 1? groups at 100 yards.
I have also harvested many Ohio whitetails with mine.
Good luck and good shooting!

1629omega.jpg

BigV, can you give me the breakdown of your optics (base, rings & scope) on that bad boy? Thanks!

Tankhead said:
BigV, can you give me the breakdown of your optics (base, rings & scope) on that bad boy? Thanks!

The base is a TC. The rings are Burris and the scope is a Leupold VXlll 3X9.
I had problems with my front sling post pulling out.
I used JB weld to fix it.
Had a good friend with the same gun had his front post pull out as well.
Might want to unscrew it and glue it just to be safe!!

Latest posts

Back