New Bullets on order.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelhead

Reaction score
just ordered some Scorpion Polymer Tipped 260gr bullets with Crushed Rib Sabots to shoot through the Bergara barrel on my Optima Pro.I love shooting Muzzleloaders that why I just joined the gun range $100 a year and a key to the gate and shooter's building!! how can a person not do that :roll: even my lovely Wife said do it thats a geat deal.(ohhh forgot I have to do 8 hours of Gun Club service a year(ex. mowing grass,plowing snow or maybe painting a door..lol..)
Good Shooting,
Scott

I just received the 260s and 300s in bulk 50 packs. Not a bad bullet for roughly $21 per 50.

I already have plenty of 50cal sabots. :D

steelhead said:
just ordered some Scorpion Polymer Tipped 260gr bullets with Crushed Rib Sabots to shoot through the Bergara barrel on my Optima Pro.I love shooting Muzzleloaders that why I just joined the gun range $100 a year and a key to the gate and shooter's building!! how can a person not do that :roll: even my lovely Wife said do it thats a geat deal.(ohhh forgot I have to do 8 hours of Gun Club service a year(ex. mowing grass,plowing snow or maybe painting a door..lol..)
Good Shooting,
Scott

Let me know how they do for you. I am hoping they come out with a tipped .40cal version of their .40cal 200gr Funnel Point Mag bullet. I have some samples of those, but if they don't I might give the 260gr PT's a try in my Optima Elite.

Ive told Ron and Allen both a 40cal PT option in 200-210gr would be a big hit. No one offers any saboted 40/45 hunting bullets over 200gr. They would have the only option if they did.

Well excluding the PR Dead Centers and QTs for more than double the price. Ive shot the 40/45 250gr QT just fine too.

Preferably a 210gr IMO for better sectional density. I shoot .40* 220gr and even 260gr cast bullets in Harvester sabots often and they work great.

I just need a pointed tip hunting option for more down range fps/knockdown.

I second that motion. With the affordability and quality of the harvester bullets, a .40cal PT line no doubt would sell and perform great.

I was thinking of getting 50 bullets and 50 red crush rib sabots. These two only cost $30 but the $10.50 for shipping increases the cost by a 1/3 - kind of adds a sting to any savings.

tpcollins said:
I was thinking of getting 50 bullets and 50 red crush rib sabots. These two only cost $30 but the $10.50 for shipping increases the cost by a 1/3 - kind of adds a sting to any savings.

Shipping for 100 bullets and 100 sabots plus some samples cost $6.12 UPS on the last box i got.

Always ask for samples, it offsets the shipping. I got about 16-20 free last time.

tpcollins said:

I agree. I was going to purchase 2 boxes of the black .50 cal crush ribs and when I went to checkout shipping was over 11 bucks. So I cancelled the order and ran to Cabelas instead. Cost me 6.99 per box there.

Must be because im closer in STL Mo.

I got the reciept in front of me now, $65.08 total for 100 bullets and sabots plus 8 260gr funnel points and 8 400gr hardcast with sabots. My Cabelas never has the 40/45 Crushribs in stock so i have to order them anyway.

UPS was $ 6.12....Sales tax and gas would have been that much in my case.

BTW i dont order them online, i call them every time.

Cabelas is usually the same price or a bit cheaper for the sabots. Watch the bargain cave too. Ive gotten MMP sabots for %50 off before and they ship free to the store if its not in stock..

Back