LeHigh Bullets vs. Knight Original disc.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakx

Reaction score
Can't make'm fly worth a damn!! Tried short MMP's, longer Harvesters, started @ 90 gr 777 FFg thru 120 grains

Clean barrel, swabbed barrel, dirty bore.....(even swung a chicken counterclockwise over my head between loadings).

Any suggestions? (Otherwise this has become an expensive experiment).

Which bullet weight were you using? It sounds like the 250 gr. I am sure Sabotloader will be by to provide some input. I am going to try the 250 gr and 275 gr next week in my DISC except I will be using BH 209.

They like a tight fit with the sabot. The 200 gr shoot best for me but it takes a very heavy load, the 250 gr shoot around an inch with 115 gr of BH and and a Short Black Harvester, but my TC's have fairly tight barrels.
If you are not getting a tight enough fit with the Short Black MMP then you may have to paper patch them. You do known that you can get to tight a fit to?

200gr lehighs will do about 1 1/2" group with 150gr RS loose and using the dark blue sabot in my Accura.

Which LeHighs?

I have the .452 Diameter, 250 grain, DOA HP MZ. They do fit tight, but I guess can I can ramp up the powder charge a bit more. I kinda have set a 120 gr ceiling on that for my own safety.

I am going to start with the HPH-12 which gives me a .506" over sabot/bullet diameter. My bore measures .502". I have found that .004" of squeeze yields good accuracy in my DISC Original.

Latest posts

Back