The Wolverine Barks and Bites

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greatbasin said:
cayuga said:
UtahRob said:
I am still waiting for my friend to e-mail me a photo of mine . I forgot my camera and had to go back to get my photos ( 20-30 minutes away ) of the spot i shot mine . The photo of my buck will be on the floor of a taxidermy shop though and not in the field where i shot him . :cry:
Your photo can't be any worse than mine so be sure and post it up.

Here's my only other photo...happily back at camp with the first load of meat.

023crop.jpg

Good luck and happy hunting :)

Hey, thats a nice buck , you should see mine . Got the meat back from the butcher today 57 Lbs . I Like your tent . I have a old canvas tent but want to get one that will take a wood burning stove like yours . How do you like it and what brand is your tent ? Looks like you had perfect weather a little snow and cold . Great for hanging a deer !!

frontier gander said:
thats a cool looking rack on that deer!

Must have been hell trying to drag that deer out with the mountain bike! Did tire chains help any? :lol:

Hey, dont be dis'in the bike there FG...I can't tell you how many times riding a mile or 2 will seperate me from 99% of everyone else looking of animals.

UtahRob,
That tent is an interesting story. Years ago I wanted to get a wall tent, but besides the $800 to $1200 I didn't want to spend. Most require 2 people to set up. So, I searched for a canvas family tent with vertical sides. and I found this one for $90 new, in an old sporting goods store.

Next, I took it to a local tent company and had them install a stove jack and a heavy duty rubber like floor to replace the cheap plastic one. Then I coated the walls and celing with 4 coats of Canvak weatherproofing paint from Cabelas to keep the weather out and the stove heat in. All told, I now have a 12X12 heated tent with 3 good sized closeable windows that I can set-up alone for about $250. It sleeps 2 hunters on cots with tons of room for gear, or my entire family of 4 with 2 dogs during the summer with everyone sleeping on the floor. Also, during bad weather I can cook on the wood stove if need be. I must say it's one of my best ideas that has actually worked :shock:

greatbasin said:
UtahRob,
That tent is an interesting story. Years ago I wanted to get a wall tent, but besides the $800 to $1200 I didn't want to spend. Most require 2 people to set up. So, I searched for a canvas family tent with vertical sides. and I found this one for $90 new, in an old sporting goods store.

Next, I took it to a local tent company and had them install a stove jack and a heavy duty rubber like floor to replace the cheap plastic one. Then I coated the walls and celing with 4 coats of Canvak weatherproofing paint from Cabelas to keep the weather out and the stove heat in. All told, I now have a 12X12 heated tent with 3 good sized closeable windows that I can set-up alone for about $250. It sleeps 2 hunters on cots with tons of room for gear, or my entire family of 4 with 2 dogs during the summer with everyone sleeping on the floor. Also, during bad weather I can cook on the wood stove if need be. I must say it's one of my best ideas that has actually worked :shock:

Very nice !!!
My tent looks a lot like your . I got it used at a thrift store in California for 20.00 15 years ago . It has very heavy canvas and has the same frame set up as yours . I may do the same thing being i already have a good tent . :D

Back