opening day 6 pointer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrimpy50

Reaction score
opening day in NY was good. all thru the archery season it was slow and i never really saw any good bucks. it was looking a little bleak, but i pushed thru and took the TC out Saturday. At around first light i saw a buck that was pretty fair, at least a 2 year old buck. i got the gun on him and waited for him to hit a shooting lane. then he ran away. as i was trying out why, a huge buck walked out of the swamp to my scent wick that was doused in Black Widow XXX ( smells like Northern deer, not southern deer.) he starts chasing the other buck away into the field and wont stop. after three grunts he stops, turns around, looks back and is acting nervous. front on shot, not the est but i will take it. BOOM short while later i am standing over a solid 180 pound dressed 6 pointer with a 19 inch spread and tons of mass. this deer is huge. by far the best buck i have ever gotten. i used a TC Encore Pro hunter with 2 white hots and a Hornady hsld sabot with a 250 grain SST. bullet mushroomed perfectly , took out the heart one lung completely, and put a big hole in the liver. as soon as i figure out how to get photos on here you will see him

Hey sounds like a ton of fun i cant wait to see the pics, good job brother

Congratulations on a great buck. Its always nice when these things work out like that.

photos

any help getting photos would be helpful. if someone helps me my wife and i could get it figured out

Latest posts

Back