Thor II

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Some pre-production Thor II Black Thors came in today for inspection. They are basically a .500" thor with Graphite around the base that increases bullet size to .504-.505" It will allow one bullet for pretty much all the modern inlines out there.

I won't be able to shoot them in the Accura until tuesday-Wednesday but when i do, i will push them with 100gr BH209.

My Accura takes the normal .500" thor. I loaded one of these black thors up when i got them and i used my rotoloader 5 in 1 tool and pushed the bullet in with my fingers until it stopped, then popped it with the tool and pushed it on top of the Blackhorn. I felt that it loaded smoother going down with the graphite on the bullet.

000_0766.jpg

000_0767.jpg

Are the bullets "dipped" into a solution of graphite with some sort of carrier?

TP, it looks they are dipped. With these being pre production, theres not telling what the actual real one will look like.

Tx, Terry says he hopes to have the 300gr Thor this fall with the ballistic tip installed. There was also going to be a change in that bullet as well.

I tried cramming a Thor down my Accura barrel after some sabot shooting. Got half way down and was stuck. My day of shooting was over. Guess the plastic fouling created issues... Looking forward to the new models.

could also have been fouling issue. I know my Accura gets a wee bit tighter halfway down but with my ramrod i get good leverage and am able to pull down and get it seated without any trouble.

thor

racklover, why don't you pop your BP and push out from that end?

When will Terry have them ready for the public?

I just got his sample four pack and his red .501 loaded best in my NEF muzzle loader.The .500 went right down .502 / .503 had no chance at all getting down.

Steve

Hes hoping for this fall. Just has to work some kinks out and make sure they will shoot good in a variety of muzzys

Latest posts

Back