My new toy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdtmd

Reaction score
:D guys just picked this one up and think it's going to give my disc elite a run for the money. Here she is:
68e76dd4.jpg

c3fada2b.jpg

and here's a pretty cool bolt conversion and zero blowback:
f46ef2ac.jpg

75c22aa6.jpg

aa989dba.jpg

6b4b055e.jpg

When I first clicked on your topic I thought "that is one hell of a spud gun" then I scrolled down and saw the rifle :).

drdtmd said:
:D guys just picked this one up and think it's going to give my disc elite a run for the money. Here she is:

Better save these pics so you can post them in the Classifieds, Cause I bet it won't beat the Disc Elite :wink: 8) :D

:D lee that's funny :lol:. I now have my 2 favorites and there is enough room in the safe for both.

:D fg it's a .50 Remington 700ml.

You really got my interest. I can not wait to see your range results. Who did the 209 conversion? Sabotloader will be jealous.

:D Jim a friend of mine Lonnie owned this gun and did the conversion himself. He picked up a .45 and said he might sell it so I told him let me know. 3 days later here it is :D. I had a .45 and I did a similar conversion along time ago but It didn't have the holder and it to had zero blowback. The only negative was you needed alittle tool to remove the primer( boy I miss that gun). Here's a pic of the one I did:
gunstuff016.jpg

gunstuff018.jpg

gunstuff019.jpg

gunstuff017.jpg

I think I did this one around 4 years ago and sold it to my buddy around 2 years ago and he will not sell it back to me for nothing :cry:. To this day it's his favorite muzzy even though I built him a custom 700 centerfire converted to .45 muzzy using primed cases as ignition. It had one of my pacnor barrels on it that I shot a 1.3 group @300yrds and he sold it and kept this little factory gun. He shot a big 150 class with it last year so it's definitely gone for good :lol:.

drdtmd

To this day there are still a lot of people that do not/will not believe how well the old 700 ml can shoot!

One of the reasons that I have not gone with the extractor type bolt face is that I do not want to have to handle the 209 in the weather. I still prefer the capper that I can just INSERT IGNORE the primer with. Using a tool or even the end of the capper to flip the primer out with after the shot to me is better than trying to get that primer in the right location to drop into the face of the bolt.

Just a personal preference thing...

:D Sb That's exactly how my original design works. You would have loved that one( lower pics). I'll see how my new toy shoots tommorow weather permitting.

Btw it had about .002 crush fit that's the key to zero blowback. When that primer seats tight at the bottom nothing gets by.

thought it was a 700. A guy over at my place has one and shot a 1.5" 3 shot group with it @ 100 yards with a 300gr thor and 100gr T7 with peep sight.
Thor_300grs_3.jpg

fliowa said:
When I first clicked on your topic I thought "that is one hell of a spud gun" then I scrolled down and saw the rifle :).

Huh! Thats what I thought.

I love that primer conversion.

Back