My New Knight DISC...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
Well it got here Tuesday... I rescued this from a Bass Pro in MO with the help of GM54-120. It apparently has been in the store for quite awhile. It has a very low 3 digit serial number.

Anyway GM54-120 was wondering around the store and found several new Knights in the bargan rack - He bought two of them and then posted that there was one DISC Elite left in the rack. I contacted him about the gun and he was good enough to run back to the store and corral it for me. It was mislabled in the rack (think it had Vision tag on it) and was missing the bolt and ram-rod. He and the counterman on duty at the time searched for the missing parts - found them and then called me - I bought and had it shipped here.

Got it all cleaned up yesterday - the bore was really ugly with dust and fur balls... might have been some living insects in there also. The gun had definitely been handled a lot in the years that it was in the store - but a good rub down with 'Flitz' made it look good as new on the outside.

Next, i attacked the bore with bore cleaner and JB's - it is now shiny and smooth as a babies bottom.

Installed a new Leupold U-Slam on this afternoon and bore sighted it with a laser light.

Now I just need to find some time to go shoot it.... We have all three grandchildren here this week - it is their spring break - so, I do not have near the time I normally have.... might not get to shoot it until next week, which might not be all that bad as winter type weather has returned to the Palouse this week.

I did put a modified Lehigh NFPJ in the gun and cycled all of the primers I have through it... worked great - it should really be a clean firing gun....

Here is the first picture of what i hope will be an eye ball shooting 45 cal.... I am sending a Knight stock down to Lewiston to be camo dipped and it will eventually end up under this barreld action....

IMG_0766.jpg

You lied. I remember a post from earlier this year when you got your last .45 DISC Elite that there would be no "new" muzzleloaders in 2010. I let you slide a little in that post, but this is a "new" muzzleloader IMO. Did you mean in that earlier post that it needed to be manufactured in 2010? I will be anxiously awaiting your range report. Nice score.

Im glad you like it. :D

After looking at mine again i was wrong. My serial is 10XX not 17xx, so both of ours are pretty old "new stock".

I had to give mine a good cleaning too and now the bore really shines.

A very nice looking rifle there. I am sure it will be a great shooter for you.

jsteurrys

You lied. I remember a post from earlier this year when you got your last .45 DISC Elite that there would be no "new" muzzleloaders in 2010. I let you slide a little in that post, but this is a "new" muzzleloader IMO. Did you mean in that earlier post that it needed to be manufactured in 2010? I will be anxiously awaiting your range report. Nice score.

I remember a famous line from someplace... "I do not recall" - but unfortunately i do remember that thought...

But just like many events in life and especially politics this called for an excutive decision. And since Mr. "O" is so freely spending your $'s I thought I might also... so the money I spent on this acquisition is coming from my social security anuity, which you amoung the employed are providing me. The government tells me that my contributions to the program have long ago been spent. And just like the government... there are reprecussings being felt here on the home front. And those reprecussions are going to cause me to lighten the load a little bit at some point.

Oh! and the other good reason was that I needed another Knight DISC to continue the developement of products for the good of man-kind and DISC shooters.

I like that reason better.

Oh! and the other good reason was that I needed another Knight DISC to continue the development of products for the good of man-kind and DISC shooters.

I like that reason better.

What he said, i need them as a platform for load and product development. :D

Plus in my case i passed up on one many years ago and had regrets ever since.
:p

sabotloader: Nice find !

I happen to have one just like it N.I.B. that I got last year... just couldn't pass it up, even though I already had a .45 Elite SS with camo stock that's a sweet shooter.

Looking forward to your shooting reports. My favorite (so far) is the 195 Barnes MZ, in Harvester smooth blue sabot, over 90 grs of BH209. The 185 Lehigh was next.

I know you're a Gold Dot fan.... doesn't Speer make a 180gr G.D. in .40 cal ? 8)

sabotloader said:
And since Mr. "O" is so freely spending your $'s I thought I might also... so the money I spent on this acquisition is coming from my social security anuity, which you amoung the employed are providing me. The government tells me that my contributions to the program have long ago been spent. And just like the government... there are reprecussings being felt here on the home front.

That makes me feel soooo much better.

rt_con

doesn't Speer make a 180gr G.D. in .40 cal ?

They do and it shoots great - in fact it shoots almost the same trajectory that my Lehigh 40/200 shoot - so I can use them to break clay pigeons and punch holes in paper.... and to be honest - they would make an excellent deer slayer....

I shoot 110 grain of T7 with an MMP 4045 Light tan sabot...

SabotLoader

Have you ever tried Montana Gold 180gr JHPs? Ive tried their 9mm 115gr in a 9mm carbine (1400fps) and they held together very well.

Ive found some MG 40cal JHPs in bulk for about the same price as the cheaper plated flat points. They are 14 cents each w/shipping by the 1000 :lol: A friend that has a LLC and sells reloads and new ammo uses them so he might take some.

He has some light 155gr or 165gr right now i can try.

My Knight sling and Knight case arrived today from Knight. Plus a bunch of 285gr Spitfires.

She sure is purty....cant wait until my Knight QR steel bases and Rings arrive from Numrich. They have lots of killer deals on older Knight items still in the original packaging.

Hard to beat all steel bases and QR rings for the price Numrich charges.

I didnt care for the new ones on Knights site and these are the really nice ones they used to offer. :D

:yeah:

Just got home from BassPro to check for you guys.

Almost all the clearance Knights are gone except the TK shotgun and some KRBs. They raised the price on both to $399 too :(

Latest posts

Back