.....10 shots at the range.........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
:D :!: :D :!:

Just got back from the range. Shot 10 powerbelt hp's/areotips with 100 grains loose power AMERICAN PIONEER GOLD and fired it up with Remington Kleanbore primers. I put up a 6" orange sticker at 50 yards. First round hit at 7 oclock edge of the orange. The other 9 were in the 3" orange circle. That CVA ACCURA is one hell of a muzzleloader. I didn't wet swab until the 3 round and then wet swabed every shot after that. I didn't remove the breech plug until I was done. That combination works really well in my rifle. :!: :!: :!:

Hawgslayer

how'd the inside of the action look with the kleanbore primers? 777 primers in mine as dirty as heck.

Any crud ring with APG Powder?

:D :D :D :D

f/g
I switched to APG and also the Remington Kleanbore primers because I couldn't get that second powderbelt seated without a struggle. The crud ring was unbelievable for only one shot. I had to clean the barrel after every shot. Now it's a different story. I shoot without having to clean anything. First 3 shots I loaded and shot. As far as the crud ring, after 10 shots the crud, burn ring was next to nothing that I had before. I get in more shooting time with allot less cleaning time. Accuracy wasn't effected either. 9 shots in a 3" circle isn't to shabby :!: :!: :!: :!:

Hawgslayer

Back