What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw where you shot them out of an omega that’s good to know because I was going to try them out of my omega later on probably won’t be until this fall.
Thank for the info on the powder charge at less I got a starting point.
Yeah, I’ve shot them in a couple different combinations. Best I’ve done was sized with a wool wad in an 18 twist .45 McGowen.

50 yards
hornady sub x 395 gr .452 dia. Harvester smooth black.
3 on the right 63 by weight 2 3/4 drop.
3 on the left 77 by weight 1” drop, the third shot key hole. Please note left side group my aim point was at the bottom of the diamond tip.

I’m happy with this so I’m going to use the .458 410gr in the 52.

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpeg
    IMG_0041.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0042.jpeg
    IMG_0042.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
today I installed a new breach block in my TC Impact.The hinge pin holes in the one on the gun are so bad that it wont hold a 10" group.The new one locks up snug and there is on wobble in the barrel.One day this week I will go to the range and see how it shoots.I found it at Classic firearms & parts.They had 3 in stock.Parts for them are harder to find than hens teeth!

today I installed a new breach block in my TC Impact.The hinge pin holes in the one on the gun are so bad that it wont hold a 10" group.The new one locks up snug and there is on wobble in the barrel.One day this week I will go to the range and see how it shoots.I found it at Classic firearms & parts.They had 3 in stock.Parts for them are harder to find than hens teeth!
Cfnparts is always a great place to check!

Shot 9 cylinders out of various sixguns. Then disassembled and cleaned. Removed 56 nipples, cleaned. Cleaned 56 cylinder bores. Cleaned several revolver frames. Anti seized and re-installed 56 nipples. removed, cleaned, replaced several loading levers and cylinder pins.

Help Mr Wizard, I don't want to be a blackpowder sixgunner any more!

(Also shot a few rounds out of the 1874, but that takes about 5 minutes to clean. )

Finally got the muzzy out this year. To be fair to the muzzy I haven't squeezed a trigger all year. We made up for it by going through a couple thousands rds. Anyways put the smoke poll in the hands of people who had never shot a muzzy. They were impressed that it was as accurate as it was. They shot a metal plate at 100 and 150yrds. Made me feel good to see the kid's eyes light up.

The new ssk breech plug is holding up and performing well. The scope I'm happy with. Bore sight only needed 10 clicks up. First time with harvester crush rib sabots. Only tried the 250gr sst's this weekend but they went together like peas and carrots. Excited to further the load development soon.

Latest posts

Back