What cartridge gun modern stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I shot my Waffen Krausser double rifle O/U 9.3x74R with full factory loads 2362fps at 3536ft pounds. I was afraid to shoot it even with a Limbsaver recoil pad. Specs says the recoil energy is about twice of a 30 06.

So WTF, sit down, elbow down, take a deep breath and slowly squeeze. Pow! Yeah, I could feel it, not brutal. I was in the black at 100yds. The front trigger is set by pushing forward, triggering the lower barrel. Sweet!

I also shot my other barrel setup Combo 16ga over 7.65mm. Also very sweet!

Attachments

• Clybel Range (1).jpg
    Clybel Range (1).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Bought more case lube and deprimed 40 cases, ran in tumbler for a hour, careful inspection and reprimed them

Tomorrow they get powder and bullets and then shot in the next week or so

223 launching a 69gr bullet at just under 3100fps and giving just at MOA groups

I cleaned a few of my reloading dies. I use Hoppes, patches and a wood dowel close to the caliber to insert in the dies with the patch to remove any buildup of gunk. I then lightly wipe things with Ballistol.
My 45 year old RCBS 38 special steel sizer die is scratching the brass cases even after thoroughly cleaning and polishing the inside wall so I ordered me a Lee carbide 38/357 set from Midway on Weds evening and came in today. That was pretty darn fast and delivered on a Sunday. The new die set also got cleaned. Carbides the way to go, no more lube needed.

Last edited:
I need to load some 357 Max test loads for my pistol. I want to try a different powder than what I'm using now.

I shot my Waffen Krausser double rifle O/U 9.3x74R with full factory loads 2362fps at 3536ft pounds. I was afraid to shoot it even with a Limbsaver recoil pad. Specs says the recoil energy is about twice of a 30 06.

So WTF, sit down, elbow down, take a deep breath and slowly squeeze. Pow! Yeah, I could feel it, not brutal. I was in the black at 100yds. The front trigger is set by pushing forward, triggering the lower barrel. Sweet!

I also shot my other barrel setup Combo 16ga over 7.65mm. Also very sweet!
Very cool

This weekend, my daughter will be delivering my two 1lb containers of RL16 powder to try with my 280Rem. Today, I will be determining my COL with my Hornady 139gr SST and Nosler 140gr BT's.

This weekend, my daughter will be delivering my two 1lb containers of RL16 powder to try with my 280Rem. Today, I will be determining my COL with my Hornady 139gr SST and Nosler 140gr BT's.
In my 280AI, IMR4831, RL17, Hybrid 100V is ☠️ to🦌with just about any bullet you want to use......🙂......
IMR4831 with the previous mentioned bullets is💰in the bank!!

Waiting for 4350 powder, small rifle primers, Hornady Match 140 BT 6.5 Creedmoor bullets, 100 primed brass and a Tikka T3 Lite Roughtech rifle 6.5 Creedmoor. I have a Trijicon HX Tenmile 8x24x50 Scope with illuminated dot, mounts rail, screws and some Loctite blue, Harris Bipod.

And some range time.

Even though I finally got an official answer that my idea for an Encore 410 pistol for turkey hunting IS NOT legal in Oklahoma, I’ve still been playing with the MEC loader and trying to get it “tuned” for loading 410 shells without spilling shot on the floor.
I can load 12 or 20 ga in my sleep, but things don’t always drop like they’re supposed to through the narrow tube on the 410.

In my 280AI, IMR4831, RL17, Hybrid 100V is ☠️ to🦌with just about any bullet you want to use......🙂......
IMR4831 with the previous mentioned bullets is💰in the bank!!
In the past I always used 57gr of 4831SC in my 280. The deer never had any complaints. I just heard good things about RL16 so I thought I’d try it out.

In the past I always used 57gr of 4831SC in my 280. The deer never had any complaints. I just heard good things about RL16 so I thought I’d try it out.
You don't know until you burn some. I hope it does you good!👍👍

Latest posts

Back