Under-Hammer ?'s

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a cool rifle. What did you put it together from?
The barrel is a CVA (Winchester 150x 45cal) cut off to save the breechplug and stock mounting lug…fitted a breech plug
Stock is a $42 Weatherby reject blank….(I bought 4 for various projects)

Lock is a Billinghurst replica kit someone found and sold on eBay for $40
$39 Williams peep sight for CVA fits the scope mount screw pattern…and a Pachmayer butt pad .

Ended up with a nice accurate light weight 200yd hunting rifle
I’ve yet to attach sling swivels…. I believe I’ve gotten too old to be packing around one of the several 10# Hawkens I’ve been enamored with.

Last edited:
Smokepoleall…
13/16ths is kinda thin to be dovetailing into…I would silver solder 2 lugs or threaded nuts to the bottom flat to accept pins or screws…I would cheat and epoxy bed the forearm piece after the attachment method was in place so it would become as much part of the barrel as possible.

Peep sights work great …decent adjustable ones are expensive…I’ve searched….cheap ones are sort of a “set them for sight-in” affair and leave them….but dialing up and down dependably will cost you.

Good news is homemade peeps with simple screw adjustable up n down are relatively easy to make…a longish L shaped bracket with a hole on the short leg…(study the older Daisy BB gun model 99 peep sight)

I use a musket cap nipple just to be able to use Triple 7 powder reliably.
They make them with standard 1/4 x28 threads

Latest posts

Back