Proud grandpa

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back around 1960 there was a big thing about kids and exercise. A couple friends from cub scouts and I decided to walk from our homes, in Rochester, to a small burg of Chester about 6 miles away and back. There was a small grocery store there where we could get goodies for the walk back. We followed railroad tracks, so we weren't near roads and actually that was the most direct route. When we got back home about five hours later there was a newspaper reporter there and we got our picture taken and a story was posted in the local newspaper. Somehow all this found its way to Washington where we were sent letters of recognition from someone in the uppity ups. I never fathomed that those 12 miles would garner so much attention, but after that walk all sorts of kids were being recognized locally for doing something to fall in line with the push to exercise. Times were pretty simple back then.

With all the distractions that kids face today, being honored in the way your grandson has been is commendable. It takes a lot of work and focus to get to where he's at. Tell him congrats!

Dagnabit, and I thought I was going to see pics of what smoke poles you bought for the grandnerds.
Just so happens I did just that. But not for this guy or his twin brother. They live in texas and their dad is a computer geek. The boys don't shoot except basketballs!
They used to come up to PA with us for the summer and I'd take them fishing and shooting my 22s.
This guy plays football and his twin plays soccer and both play basketball.

Latest posts

Back